|I can do it in mah sleep!|
After class, I had a missed call from my landlord and knew it was time to have the dreaded conversation. I told him I was finding a home for Shaka, but would have to keep my 2 dogs. I said if it came down to getting rid of 1 of them, I would have to move out instead. He agreed to let us stay and was actually pretty friendly about it!
|We're staying put.|
Later that day, I was hopeful that Shaka would benefit from a long hike with my dogs, my brother and his new pup. But she was even sulky on the hike and not her usual goofy-self when out on the trail with her friends. What if every new home prospect resulted like this?
Luckily for us, we had our first Tahoe trip of the summer planned for the next day. The timing could not have been better. It would give us several days to unwind, enjoy lots of hiking, playing and swimming. Plus, it would give me some time away from the apartment stress to continue the search for Shaka's new home and make some important decisions about her future.
After a couple days to think things over, it was not hard to decide not to follow up on the fireman and he actually never called me which was a huge relief. I decided to call back the woman with the kitties and horses. She sounded super friendly, out-going and excited in our initial conversation. She was eager to learn all about Shaka even though I told her up front that someone else was already interested in her. It had been almost a week and I hoped she had not found another dog yet! So I called her and she was still really interested in meeting her! We agreed to meet the following week at her horse barn!