Thursday, December 20, 2012

CYCLE DOGS!

It's been a while, but I finally bought Kaya & Norman new collars. Wait, scratch that. I should say I finally bought Kaya & Norman new collars that they are actually going to wear. 

I did a photo shoot with this new collar and then put it away:/

I've got a whole pile of custom fabric collars that I realized are the worst possible collar for a dog to wear if he/she spends all their time running around in the sand, dirt or mud, as well as swimming, wrestling and rolling in questionable substances.

This was the only day they wore even one pair of their custom collars...since they went on a "clean" outing.

So in the mean time, they've just been wearing a series of basic Target collars. Now I know dogs don't care what they wear(I'm sure they'd prefer to be naked), but I'll just pretend they care so I can feel better about my craziness!

The nylon collars work great for their activities, but they're so boring!

Anyways, last summer my mom bought a Cycle Dog collar for Zoey. I really liked it so I bought the same one for Norman and a purple one for Kaya!

It's kind of hard to see underneath all her furs, but it looks really good on her!


I love these collars because they are 1.5" width and they are lined with recycled rubber, which is supposed to dry quickly and keep the stink away for dogs that get dirty and wet all the time. That's us! My mom said Zoey's collar has worked really well at being stink-free, even with her German Shepherd coat and non-stop swimming! So I'm excited to see how these hold up. But in the meantime, they look really nice. And since the outside is nylon, I know they will wash clean really easily. Oh, and they also have a bottle opener for the D-ring...not that I can remember the last time I needed a bottle opener, but I like it anyways.

Norman trying to look sophisticated.

I think purple is Kaya's color!

17 comments:

  1. They look beautiful and handsome, respectively and I might have to check out that collar just for the bottle opener!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd be afraid that after I open the bottle using his collar, Badger would drink all the beer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool collars, I've not heard of this brand before, I need to check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the bottle opener idea, and you're right--the purple looks ab-fab!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Cycle Dogs! We carry them here where I work, but I have never purchased one simply because we don't have any patterns I like. Thanks to you, I now see there are way more options! They're great quality. In fact, I love their leashes too...they're so soft of our human hands :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know! I bought mine on Amazon, though my mom bought hers at a fancy pet shop.

      Delete
  6. You make a valid point about fabric collars. I was so bummed when our 3 nice Sirius Republic collars that weren't that old got all chewed up from Taylor (she always bit their collars when she played!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, they are beautiful but not for all dogs! I'm gonna have to get a couple of custom leather collars when I can finally decide on a design!

      Delete
    2. Oh my gosh, where have you been??? I'm having Kaya/Norman withdrawl!

      Delete
    3. Sorry! Family in town for X-Mas and now we're at the snow:D I have a couple posts planned for soon though...see you soon!

      Delete
  7. Oooooo I like those collars! I see them at many of the local pet stores, but I never knew how cool they were! I'm thinking that we might need to try one out with Athena to wear to daycare because her collars get ruined there and oh so stinky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya! I think Athena would look really good in purple too:) They look really nice & well-made, but I'll have to do a follow up post on durability. I think Kaya & Norman will put them through the ringer:D

      Delete
  8. Those collars look really cool! Norman's make me think of Christmas a little and Kaya definitely looks great in purple :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. We buy a ton of collars from the clearance bin since our pups love to tug on each others collars and no brand lasts

    Stop on by for a visit
    Kari
    http://dogisgodinreverse.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice collars, of course on beautiful dogs! How'd ya get the cat to sit with them? Love that!

    Our pack only wears collars when we go out and we've got a mixture, a couple with rescue sayings, a couple plain, one with peace,love and happiness symbols. I really like the idea of the Cycle Dog collars since all the pack love the water. Might be time to invest in a few nice collars.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Gina likes to pose for pics more than the dogs do! Kaya & Norman only wear collars when they go out too so these collars are great for their off-road adventures:D

      Delete