Thursday, July 5, 2012

KAYA: THE CAT WHISPERER & HER SIDEKICK NORMAN

I've written in a previous post about Kaya's knack for convincing cats to like her and I was trying to figure out why they gravitate to her over Norman who seems equally as sweet to them. I think it is because Kaya basically shows no interest in them but finds a way to constantly walk past them, give them a sniff, lie next to them and then do her trademark look-back which I guess is less intimidating than Norman's more obvious approach...sit in front of them and look at them like "hello cat...ready to be my friend?"

Here is Kaya welcoming little Gina to the house:









But Norman is getting the hang of it too...








And so it looks like somebody's a huge fan!



And she's not the only one!



But Kaya's not out of the picture...




3 comments:

  1. I just cannot believe how well they all get along. That would...just not happen at our house! Maybe Neptune, but Levi would not be friends with a cat. It's funny what you said about cats being attracted to Kaya. It seems like cats gravitate toward the person in the room who wants to touch them the least or is allergic. Maybe that attraction is universal across species!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The funny thing is that Kaya is by far the more pushy and overly friendly when it comes to dogs and people...whereas Norman is super friendly but much calmer. Still...the cats love Kaya. She has this awesome way of ignoring them but then worming her way into their personal space...haha.

    But when I got my first foster cat Kaya was by no means ready at 4 months but I just went for it and I think it is one of the best things I did for her. She had to spend a few days on a leash to learn to be patient and gentle and not chase but then she got it. I have a great story I am going to post about soon when she rescues Marty from an evil cat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your kids are adorable together! Mine don't do that. I'm lucky if I get all three in the same room. Its mostly cause of my dog she likes to play with the cats, haha.

    ReplyDelete