I am so excited that Pitlandia nominated us for our first blog award because I look forward to reading each post about their days in Portland with their extra-adorable rescued pittie Athena. Thank you so much for the nod Pitlandia:-D Everyone should go check out Athena's adventures!
The requirements for the Beautiful Blogger and One Lovely Blog Awards are:
Copy the award logos and place it in your post.
Thank the person who nominated you and link back to them in your post.
Nominate other bloggers you admire.
Contact your chosen bloggers to let them know.
One extra requirement for the One Lovely Blog award requires you to share 7 things about yourself.
So, since I pretty much only talk about my dogs in my blog, it wasn't too hard to come with 7 things about myself which you probably don't know.
1. I'm a computer geek - I'm a web designer by profession, but also love to spend time organizing and photoshopping my millions of photos, designing cards for special occasions, and looking at silly websites like funny or die and text from dog and collecting the latest apple products.
|A few cards I made this year.|
|I made this for my brother's wedding gift from their favorite Instagram, printed on canvas.|
|My favorite Text From Dog...lol.|
2. I'm a former equestrian - I started riding when I was 4 and continued until I was 25, working as a hunter/jumper trainer from the age of 17. In my junior and senior years of high school I spent more time at the barn than at school and barely graduated as a result:/ I hope to return to riding again some day:)
|Me & Raider '99|
|Me & Chance '01|
3. I lived in London for 6 years - I left the horse life to go to art school in London and stuck around for several years after I graduated. I returned home begrudgingly, when my visa expired. I loved it more than anything and will always remember those crazy crazy times and my beautiful friends. We lived in a big warehouse that was formerly a peanut factory, our community was filled with art and music and mayhem. We traveled all over Europe, India and Asia. I wish I could go back, but I'd have to figure out how to stuff 2 pitties and a kitty in my bag!
|Exploring London + Christmas & Dinnertime at our warehouse!|
4. My first dog was a Beagle - She was a real pain in the ass, but we loved her. She was a total sweetheart and a total tyrant! Occasionally people think Kaya has Beagle in her and I cringe at the thought, but they could be right:/
|Shannon, the Beagle|
5. I love music - I spent most of my teen and 20s going to concerts, festivals, gigs and clubs. When I was a teenager I was all about punk and grunge, then moved on to dance music when I discovered raving around 17, haha. Nowadays I love reggae, ska, dub, ragga, eighties, old school hip hop, indie, folk and a few embarrassing pop songs. I always bring my ipod on hikes:)
|Festival fun, me takin' over the decks, dancin' in the street & Notting Hill Carnival!|
6. My mom is a huge inspiration - My mom does a variety of awesome things like volunteer teaching underprivileged children, writing and publishing her own children's books, taking care of my grandparents' needs as they age, helping my brother and I figure out what they hell we're doing with our lives and putting up with my crazy dad. But my mom has also battled several immune diseases for the past 20 years and has recently overcome Leukemia. She lives each day to the fullest:)
|Mom doing Thai Chi w/ Zoey|
|Mom w/ Motlie this summer|
7. I had pet hamsters from the Philippines - Going super random for number 7. When I was 12 we lived in Manila for a year when my dad was transferred for work. I was distraught over leaving my dog, my cat and my bunnies behind(with a family friend) so my parents agreed to let me get hamsters. When we moved back I was able to bring them with me on the plane and when I took them out to play they got away from me and explored the first class cabin. Luckily, the flight attendants found it funny and returned them to me, smiling. Once in California, if I would lose them in the house, I'd send our Beagle to find them, a favorite game of ours:)
|Minnie & Sunny, Me & Shannon, Me & Ruby Boo|
And here is the best part! These are the blogs I am nominating for the One Lovely Blog and Beautiful blogger awards:
Many of you already know these blogs, but if not check them out!
Peaceful Dog - This blog is full of great posts & pictures about training, fostering, adopting and her own dogs' adventures.
Life in 2-Player Mode - The life of Badger & Mushroom always makes me laugh out loud, every photo shows off their enthusiasm for life!
It All Started with a Pit Bull - I know Pitlandia nominated this blog as well, but what can I say? I too love reading about their 2 cuties Hades & Braylon, plus their other foster pitties!
My Life with Flyball Dogs - I recently came across this blog and I am loving the insider scoop to the world of flyball, plus the gorgeous photos she posts from her dog's view using a GoPro.
Thanks again to Pitlandia and be sure to check out these awesome blogs if you haven't already!