Sunday, January 20, 2013

FAMILY OUTING!

We had to take advantage of some awesomely warm winter temps this weekend and headed to the coast with my brother and cousin Motlie!


This is what happens post chuck-it throw...

Look at those pittie butts in action!

And this is how Norman congratulates Kaya when she returns with the ball...

Gimme dat!

Norman was a little bummed out because he really wanted to wrestle with Motlie, but she has a new found obsession with the chuck-it. Not the ball...just the chuck-it...


He finally gave up on the girls and made up a game where he would walk into the water and then pretend to be startled when it would catch him...


Captions for this photo are as follows...


Motlie: Come'on chuck-it...make my day!
Norman: Hi! I I don't know why, but I'm having fun:p
Kaya: Got my ball, got my ball, gotmyball, gotmyball ya! gotmyball!

Eventually Norman decided to just sit and watch the surfers...


Oh! I forgot to mention, he also got the chance to kiss several of them so he was fulfilled after all:) Hopefully we'll get to play at the beach again soon...


After all that fun, we went to sit at the bar with the dogs, got some cocktails and watched the sunset...


Talk about dog friendly...they even had a dog menu!


What a fun day...was anyone tired on the way home? Yes...there was lots of backseat cudding:)

14 comments:

  1. Looks like a really great fun day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a great day! Love the picture of the pooch in the sunset!

    This is a nice mental reprieve as we are 12 inches into a lake effect snow storm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! I must admit...I think snowstorms are fun too:P

      Delete
  3. As ever, I just heave a big sigh. Those pictures are breathtaking...and the scenery looks good too. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A dog menu even?! I wish I could go to this heavenly place!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow what a great outing!

    Stop on by for a visit
    Kari
    http://dogisgodinreverse.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, awesome day and great pics too! Did the dogs get to order from the dog menu?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No...we didn't want any upset tummies on the way home, but it was a cute idea!

      Delete
  7. Sounds like the kiddos had great fun. I love the pictures of Norma where he is sitting on his own =) I want to give him a hug =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, some of the best pictures in this post! I adore Motlie, she is cute as can be so I love her cameos. Norman with sand on his nose??? Break my heart! Such a cute little pack of pups! Does Motlie's puppy sibling ever join on the outings?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I love it when they get stuff stuck on their noses! Motlie's sis doesn't come out with us because she gets overwhelmed with all the big dog play and her little doxie legs can only take her so far:/ I think she prefers the comforts of the sofa:)

      Delete
  9. Wow--what a gorgeous day! Can't believe you found a dog-friendly bar afterward--can't get more perfect than that.

    ReplyDelete