Monday, January 14, 2013

I WOULD LIKE TO THANK...

Did anyone catch the Golden Globes last night? I had it on mute while I talked to my mom so at least I got to see what all the girls were wearing, which is really the important part...right? Today I get to thank my blogger friends for a couple awards of my own! The wonderful Pitlandia and the awesome A Peace-a-Bull Assembly have nominated us for the Liebster award!


 "Liebster means Dearest in German, so the Liebster Blog Award is the Dearest Blog Award. It’s an award intended to recognize worthy, lesser known blogs and to help expose their work. Of course, accepting The Liebster Award comes with a few rules!" 

Liebster Blog Award Rules:
  1. Thank the giver and link back to the blogger who gave it to you
  2. Share five things about yourself and five things about your dogs
  3. Pitlandia and A Peace-a-Bull Assembly
  4. Ask five new questions to your nominated bloggers
  5. Reveal your top five picks {with less than 200 readers} and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog
  6. Copy and paste the award on your blog
  7. Hope that the people you’ve sent the award to forward it to their five favorite up-and-coming bloggers and keep it going!
Five things about myself:
  1. I am obsessed with the TV show, The Walking Dead.
  2. I do not do mornings. I wake up at a decent hour, then sit in bed for a couple hours, drinking coffee and catching up on emails and blogs. The dogs have easily adapted the my schedule:)
  3. I love Howard Stern.
  4. I have an extreme fear of birds. I will cross the street if their are pigeons in the way and I will panic if I even see one on TV or accidentally touch a cartoon drawing of one in a magazine.
  5. I've not always been a Californian. Nope, I was born in Frederick, MD and moved here when I was 7. I've moved away three times since then and keep coming back:)
Kaya likes to watch The Walking Dead with me:)

Typical morning view while I'm answering emails:)

 Five things about my dogs:
  1. Kaya is terrified of getting her nails clipped. Luckily she does so much running that they wear down naturally, but I have been slowly conditioning her by giving her treats while rubbing the clippers on her paws and nails. The first time she saw them in my hand she hid under the couch for several hours:(
  2. Kaya & Norman have several dog beds that they can chew their bones on, but they usually end up together:)
  3. Norman gets around pretty good when he's running and playing, but when he's not in a fast motion, getting him onto something higher than a curb is a no go:/
  4. Kaya & Norman used to swap food bowls half way through their meals. I finally made them stop because I didn't know if someone was getting short-changed:)
  5. When I want both dogs to come at once, I call out "puppies!" instead of their individual names.
Kaya & Norman love to chew on their bones together:)

Five questions asked by Pitlandia:
  1. What's a book (training, behavior, fiction, etc.) that you would most recommend to a new dog owner? It's not necessarily for first time dog owners, but I can't get over how big an impact The Lost Dogs made on me. I was fighting back tears throughout the entire book and couldn't put it down. It reminded me with every word to always be patient with my dogs, love them for their strengths and enjoy each day with them.
  2. What's your favorite command or trick that you've taught your dog? Kaya can "place" on different objects and then spin in each direction. I call it her circus dog act:)
  3. What's one goal that you have for your dog in 2013? I really hope to start therapy work with Norman. I know he would love it and be great at it. It would be great to brighten some people's day, not just those at the park and the pet store:)
  4. Where's your favorite place that you've traveled to? Though it's only a few hours away, every time I go to Lake Tahoe, it takes my breath away and I hate to leave. It is awesome in the summer and the snowy winters too. Plus, I can bring Kaya, Norman and Gina too! It is doggy heaven with swimming, hiking, beaches and neighborhood dog friends who always come "knocking" at our door:D
  5. Do you prefer coffee or tea? I'd say Coffee, but my favorite right now is actually a chai tea latte with a shot of espresso!
It's true!

Five questions asked by A Peace-a-Bull Assembly:
  1. Most of us have a common theme in the titles of our blog, but tell us: how did you come by the name of yours? I have no idea why, as I have never even seen an episode, but when thinking of a blog title the tv show,My Three Sons came to mind...and it turned into My Two Pitties.
  2. What is the be-all end-all favorite treat of your dog(s)?  They love the chicken strips by Dogswell and I've been using the little training treats by Zukes lately. The roasted chicken smells so good it makes me want it for dinner, haha.
  3. What has been the biggest challenge of dog ownership? Probably the fact that I never want to leave them. When I'm out with friends and the couple times when I've taken trips without them, I think about them and want to get back. I try to structure my activities and vacations so they're always involved.
  4. And what has been the biggest reward? This question could easily bring me to tears and I could go on and on forever so I am going to keep it simple. Happiness:)
  5. What is your favorite "me" activity? Wasting time on the internet!
How could these guys not make me happy every day??

My five Liebster Blog Award Nominees:
  1. It All Started with a Pit Bull - Their two adorabulls, Braylon and Hades are usually joined by a foster pittie or 2! It's always great to read about their adventures in AZ:)
  2. acd6pack - The activities of 7 lucky rescue pups. The fact that several of them are blind and/or deaf does not hold them back from enjoying life!
  3. 2 Punk Dogs - With 2 dogs, 4 cats and Doug, the lizzard, it's always fun to see how these guys are mingling.
  4. Peaceful Dog - 2 cool dogs living in MD, they love going on awesome hikes and recently started fostering a super-cute whipper snapper called Star.
  5. My Mini Pet Pig - This is one of the very few non-dog blogs I follow, but boy oh boy, I can't get enough of the adorable Coccolino the mini pig.
Five questions for my nominees:
  1. Where did your dog(s) or pet(s) get their names from?
  2. Do you have a favorite animal from a movie or tv show?
  3. What is your number one pet peeve when it comes to other dog( or pet) owners?
  4. Sweet or savory?
  5. If you and your pet(s) could teleport anywhere in the world, where would you want to go?
Thanks again to Pitlandia and A Peace-a-Bull Assembly!

14 comments:

  1. Ohhh, I can't wait to visit those blogs (4 are new to me) to read their responses. :-) I'm so in love with your "puppies" and am excited about your recommendations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the nomination!

    I didn't watch the Globes; in fact I am in what is probably the unusual position of sometimes saying to Florian, "sweetie, we should really watch more TV!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I don't think that's a bad thing. I felt so liberated when I canceled my cable, now I just watch a couple shows online. It was funny, when I was talking to my mom, my dad was watching the golden globes in the background and kept telling her what was happening and then she would shout at him, "I'm on the phone! And I don't care!" which would make him do it more:)

      Delete
  3. Oh wow! Thanks so much for the award. We must have been thinking alike :-) We love your responses, always so interesting to learn more. We will try to get to this award very soon. Thanks again for thinking of us!!

    Oink oink,
    Katie and Coccolino the mini pig

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok so I love all of your answers, but the real reason I just HAD to leave a comment?? Your love for dirty chai tea lattes! I looooooooove this drink with a passion, and usually get two shots of espresso because I'm crazy, haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never knew that's what they were called?! I was always having trouble deciding between and chai and a regular latte so one day I combined it. My friends think I'm crazy...maybe I'm not! Haha...

      Delete
  5. Glad to hear my dogs aren't the only ones terrified of nail clipping. It's been SUCH a slow process getting them desensitized, but if I move too fast, they get scared and set back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the award! Your fear of birds sounds just like my fear of spiders... geez, I can barely type out the word without getting a little freaked out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! Congratulations on your award and a huge thanks from all of us for our award! I'll be responding to it soon. Thanks for thinking of us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read this the other day and then forgot to comment! Whoopsies! I am TOTALLY and COMPLETELY obsessed with the Walking Dead too! B and I started watching it in the very beginning when it hadn't yet blown up like it has now. It's the best show ever and I can't wait for it to come back on in February! Also, I liked your responses to my questions =) I need to read the Lost Dogs soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's cool! I was the opposite, I didn't start watching it until season 3 had already started. Then I watched it all in a row and got practically nothing done for 3 days! Then I watched them all again;) I can't wait til Feb too!

      Delete
  9. Congratulations!! I have never been to Lake Tahoe, but all your beautiful pictures make me want to go! I think I wouldn't even mind all that cold snow :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooo...it would be so fun if you could come and play with us in Tahoe Remy:D

      Delete